As a struggling student, I can barely afford to buy groceries, never mind beauty products. Forget buying other expensive food ingredients to mix together when single ingredients are able to give you a healthy glow. Use the same ingredient to pamper your body on both the inside and outside:
How do you like your eggs? Sunny side up? Scrambled? Try coating your face with egg to change up your routine.
Not only are eggs are the perfect way to combat oily skin since the egg whites dry the oils in your skin, but the yolk also acts as a natural moisturizer. Eggs are even able to tighten skin while reducing the size of pores.
That’s right. We’ve finally found the perfect way to defeat any stress-induced pimples that may pop up around exam time.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 2 minutes
1. Crack 1 egg into a bowl.
2. Whisk the egg until the mixture is one consistent colour.
3. Use your hands to spread a thin layer of the egg over your face and let sit for 15 minutes before washing the egg off with warm water.
2. Lemon Juice
Nothing screams summer better than lemonade and sun-streaked hair, so bring both back into your life this spring.
Lemon juice is a natural way to lighten your hair since the acid in lemons acts as an alternative hair dye. Treat your stomach and your hair to lemon juice for a sun-streaked look.
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 1 minute
1 cup lemon juice
¼ cup water
1. Mix lemon juice with water.
2. Put the mixture into your hair after washing and conditioning your hair. Do not rinse the mixture out of your hair.
What’s sweeter than honey? Perfect skin.
Not only is honey both anti-bacterial and hydrating, but the anti-bacterial component in honey reduces and prevents acne as well. Also, honey triggers a hydrating effect, forming the perfect face-mask. Nothing compares to the warm sensation of honey on your skin.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 seconds
Total Time: about 16 minutes
¼ cup honey
1. Microwave honey in a bowl for 30 seconds or until the honey is warm.
3. Spread a thin amount of honey over the affected area and let sit for 15 minutes.
Photo by Jocelyn Hsu
4. Wash the honey off with warm water.